This Practice is conveniently located within the building of Kidssmile, at 40 Brown Road Broadmeadow, within the rooms of Newcastle Paediatric Dental. The building was specifically designed for children and features a child-friendly waiting room and extremely friendly staff. There is easy street parking available and it is directly across the road from Broadmeadow Train Station.
Angie is the owner of the Practice and has almost 20 years experience working as a Speech Pathologist, predominantly with children. Angie enjoys working with kids and their families in a fun and relaxed environment so that the children develop confidence in their speech and communication skills. She works part time in this practice as she spends the other part of the week working in the public sector at John Hunter Children's Hospital (JHCH) with both the inpatient feeding caseload and outpatients of the JHCH Cleft Palate Clinic.
WHAT DO WE DO?
In this Practice, we work on the following areas:
* Delayed or disordered speech development – including articulation, phonological difficulties, cleft speech patterns, and childhood apraxia of speech (CAS)
* Delayed or disordered language development – including auditory comprehension, verbal expression, social use of language, attention and listening, as well as both oral and written language
* Early language development/ Late talkers
* Autism spectrum disorder
* Developmental delay
* Stuttering/ fluency disorders
* Phonemic awareness, spelling and reading difficulties
If your child is eligible, you are able to claim our services through:
Medicare - through a 'Chronic disease management plan' - talk to your GP
National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
Private health insurance
We would love to have a chat with you and discuss your child's communication skills and any concerns that you may have.